Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 162

Thread: LPD Tennis Predictions

  1. #71
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I see us beating coeburn pound and pv......

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I don't know about all that. Coeburn only lost one player and they did fairly decent last year. (I think they ended up around fourth, but I can't remember for sure)
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  2. #72
    Inactive Member AppyDawg40's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    true but their first seat loss was pretty big.....if im not mistaken flo or jello (whatever they call him) will be the next first seat......and when i played against him his emotions controlled his game.....when he would hit a bad shot it seemed as though several more would follow with his temper.....coeburn more than likely will finish near the top.....but deffinately below norton and gate city.....dont know about wise or us.....should be a pretty interesting season
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight....Its the size of the fight in the dog....
    -40-

  3. #73
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You went to Emory? Adam and I went to norton elem. school together, he was in my class and we were the best of friends before he transfered to kelly for high school. I think the world of him and no matter how fat I might get, there will always be a tennis player fatter than me.

    I must admit he always had my number though, Ive beat alot of the guys on the list Ive mentioned above, but never him.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yeah. I haven't seen AK but about once since I left Emory. Have you seen him, or know what he is doing now a days?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  4. #74
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    true but their first seat loss was pretty big.....if im not mistaken flo or jello (whatever they call him) will be the next first seat......and when i played against him his emotions controlled his game.....when he would hit a bad shot it seemed as though several more would follow with his temper.....coeburn more than likely will finish near the top.....but deffinately below norton and gate city.....dont know about wise or us.....should be a pretty interesting season

    [/ QUOTE ]

    that's true about flo and his temper... But they lost their second seed actually. Their first seed won't be (or shouldn't be) first seed though this year. Supposedly last year he was first seed because no one else wanted to be so they didn't challenge him. The McCowan kid may actually be a candidate to move up to 1st. His game showed improvement during the season last year.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  5. #75
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    The last time I talked to him was about 2 years ago during a summer tennis tournament. He was working in bristol but Im not sure what he was doing. Its been so long, I dont remember much about the convo.

  6. #76
    Inactive Member AppyDawg40's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    i dont understand that.....no disrespect to any of the coeburn players, but it would make more sense to compete for 1st.....even if you were out matched by your opponents.....it could only make you better.....but anyway.....like i said before.....this season should be more interresting than many of the previous ones simply because no one is really out matched.......the teams all look to be pretty neck and neck.....(with the exception of norton, they are pretty dominate in tennis)
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight....Its the size of the fight in the dog....
    -40-

  7. #77
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    I would be willing to bet that coeburn and pound will beat appy @ least 6-3.
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  8. #78
    Inactive Member AppyDawg40's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    we'll see......
    Its not the size of the dog in the fight....Its the size of the fight in the dog....
    -40-

  9. #79
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    haha yes we will....
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  10. #80
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tennis Predictions

    The more competitive the district gets the better... Maybe one day the LPD can actually put up a team that wins state... Good to see you all are actually taking an interest in how your teams are doing because I remembered when we played Coeburn and we played pretty much random guys picked off of your football team.

    I know Mega thinks those days are long and gone when every match came down to about 5-4 along with Mullets.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •